Investment platforms and portfolio bonds have similarities with regards to the available investment options, but whereas a portfolio bond is typically structured as an investment-linked life insurance vehicle with broad financial planning utility, an investment platform is purely used for investing and would probably only be tax-efficient whilst an investor remained an expatriate.
There are some benefits though, investment platforms allow for faster trading and usually at a lower cost, so are more suitable for the investor who wants to trade more frequently.
Some of the key benefits of using investment platform include:
- All assets held under one roof making for easy administration and management
- Open Architecture – access to any tradable asset such as funds, equities and ETF’s
- Access to capital from day 1
- Flexibility to make additional investments at anytime
- Portability should you change employer or location
- 24 / 7 online access (portfolio values updated daily)
- Multiple currencies
- Discretionary and Expert Management
- Portfolio analysis tools